Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Reading

On Wednesday, I was given the chance to do a reading of two chapters of Bye Bye Connie at Kettle of Fish in NYC. It was the first time I'd ever done anything like that, and I have to admit, it was a lot of fun. Yes, I was nervous as hell, but getting people to laugh at what I wrote, and hearing the laughter, was all kinds of awesome. It does make you understand just why it is some people pursue acting or comedy as a career.

Even better, afterward, Michael, the founder of the reading series, came to talk to me and asked to see my whole book. He enjoyed what I did, and offered to help me get to an agent and hence published. Caitie has a lot of faith in Michael, and so I'm being optimistic here.

Of course, now I'm in the "waiting" phase...

No comments:

Post a Comment