Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm still alive

I haven't written anything here in a while - I'm still alive. Just haven't had much to say lately.
I'm still pursuing representation and have a couple of fulls out. I did encounter one strange rejection that perhaps I'll blog about another time, but since it's still fresh and I'm not quite sure where I sit with it, I can't really say any more. I know that's vague, and I'm sorry, but it's been giving me a lot of stress in the last 24 hours.

One positive thing - Caitie and I realized that we have access to some more money than we thought we did, so we won't be eating Ramen all summer. Caitie doesn't really like Ramen anyway.

I hit a kind of creative boon with my new book. Something clicked somewhere along the way for me, and I've been really pushing through lately. I have to remind myself every now and then that the only thing I can't write is what I can't imagine, and there's no reason I can't imagine anything. I know it's a little "Disney-esque," but we have a painting of Mickey and the gang in our front hall and a statue of Beauty and the Beast in our living room. The point isn't lost though as a writer: you really are only limited by your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment