Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for the kids. I've been feeling very blah about the start of the year. It was obviously a big summer what with the wedding and all the trauma that followed the honeymoon (though the honeymoon was certainly the trip of a lifetime). Plus, some of you know about the difficulties I've been dealing with at school. Hopefully this will be a great year.

At any rate, it actually was nice interacting with the kids again. I do love that part of my job. We're also in the "school honeymoon" phase when the kids have yet to not do work or break rules etc.

I'm just hoping that school won't interfere completely with my writing. It's hard to do both, and of course maintaining this blog will take take as well, but I'm going to try. If it means only writing on here once or twice a week, so be it. I guess we'll see how it goes.

As of now, for my writing, aside from sending out to agents to find someone to represent Before White, I'm working on cleaning up the ending of "Delicious." I like it (Caitie gave me her stamp of approval) but I don't love it. Something isn't quite right in the ending, and I'm not sure what it is. I may just leave it alone for a week or so and come back to it - see where that gets me.
Speaking of agents - if anyone reading has any leads on agents looking for young adult fantasy, drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment