Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Friday, September 18, 2009

Duo day

On the same day that I got rejected by my twelfth agent (with another four or five who haven't responded at all/yet) I got the contract in my email for the second story getting published in Emerald Tales. It's certainly frustrating getting rejection slips with no explanation or justification - just a "I'm not the right agent for you." I secretly hope that those rejections are real - they just don't feel right for my book, though I know it's entirely possible that they simply didn't like the book at all or feel it won't be successful. I would hope that if there was a real problem that some agent somewhere would be upfront with me and TELL me, though that seems to be nothing more than wishful thinking.

2 comments:

  1. If they say they are not the right agent for you, then that is what they mean. I had 125 submissions for Emerald Tales. I could only accept 24. That means 101 rejections. Very little of that was crap.

    Your writing is very compelling to read, so when they say they are not the right agent. That is what they mean.

    If you're interested in getting feedback on your novel, ask on the forum for some assistance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I'm looking for feedback so much - I'm actually pretty confident in the novel itself. Perhaps some help with getting an agent's attention wouldn't be unwarranted though!

    ReplyDelete