Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Saturday, April 7, 2012

American Reunion Review

I've said that I intend to review more media on here - books, tv, movies - I've been pretty spotty about it, and I hope to try to rectify that some.

I saw American Reunion on Friday - the third sequel to 1999's American Pie. Now, I'm PRETTY sure I saw American Pie 2 and American Wedding, but I'll be honest, I don't remember them at all. To be honest, it hardly mattered. Aside from the fact that Jim and Michelle were now married, they almost might as well have not even had the subsequent movies as they had no real impact on the plot.

I hate to say this, but I sort of regret that this was the movie I decided to "re-up" my blog with. The movie, simply, wasn't that memorable. Sure, it was enjoyable and entertaining, I don't think I was bored at all during it, but now, two days later, I can't actually REMEMBER much of it. There didn't seem to be much of a purpose to it other than a chance to see where these characters were at the completely arbitrary thirteen year mark after their high school graduation. The movie was pleasant enough, but hardly memorable or laugh out loud funny.

The one true bright spot in the movie for me was Jim's father, played by Eugene Levy. Levy is a comedy veteran, and it shows here. Every scene with him hit, and they were amongst the few scenes I found genuinely funny enough to laugh at.

All said, the thing that made me miss 1999 the most wasn't the movie at all: it was the six dollar ticket I got because I went to see the movie before noon.

My rating: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment