Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Further proof

I confirmed for myself that I have the "idea bank" to be a writer. I finished the last book so quickly, I began panicking that I didn't have something on deck to start writing.

Yesterday an Idea came to me (yes, the capital is intentional). Whether or not it goes anywhere remains to be seen - after all, my mystery crashed and burned - but so far I think it's pretty solid. It's a little more mature than my other books - I was going back and forth between whether or not to approach it as an adult book or a YA, and Caitie persuaded me to go with YA. It's semi-dystopian, with a definite influence from one of my favorite writers, Stephen King. I find when I go into many details early on I dilute the idea too much, so I don't want to say much more than that right now.

As for the other book - Caitie is going to look it over next week and then out it goes. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment