Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Book Two...

July 4th weekend - spent in Ohio with Caitie's family. We had a nice time - and I finished the rough draft of my second book! Caitie wants me to just put it aside for two months now, not think about it, and come back to it later. I don't know how able I am to just forget about it, but I'm going to try!

Meanwhile, I already have the idea for book three (it's a reworking and expansion of a story I wrote ten years ago - wow, that long!). I had a solid core 70 pages or so of that story and could never quite figure out what to do with that. I realized when writing the second book that the middle grade fiction requirements on length are much much shorter than they are for anything else. I can make this third book a solid middle grade and tell it from first person of two of the main characters (mostly having them talk about the third) and I THINK I can make it work. Finally. I've gone through four versions of this story already - I know the core idea is solid, just trying to get the WAY of telling it right has been eluding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment