Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Follow by Email

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Big writing moment

Now I'm in a jam. I had my idea for a new novel, and I loved the idea - not something I usually do. I began writing, and have been going at it for the past couple of months. The CONCEPT, I think, is great.

I'm not a fan of brainstorming as anyone who knows how I write knows. I just go to it, and plan in my head as I go. This generally works. This book is an interesting case. I had my initial idea for a turning point in the story and filled in the details leading up to it. All well and good. I like what I have right now A LOT. I've been building and building to this climax, layering what I anticipate to be quite a bit of foreshadowing. I have about 20,000 words of build up, 3,000 of the turning point. I'm aiming for 60,000 or so total.

I know where the story is heading in general. I know what the ending will be (or as much as it's possible for me to know). The problem is, I have a good 20,000 words to fill before I get there. I've laid the groundwork for it, but that interim until the climax is going to be VERY tough!

Ah well, just putting that out there. Basically stalling....

1 comment: