Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Big writing moment

Now I'm in a jam. I had my idea for a new novel, and I loved the idea - not something I usually do. I began writing, and have been going at it for the past couple of months. The CONCEPT, I think, is great.

I'm not a fan of brainstorming as anyone who knows how I write knows. I just go to it, and plan in my head as I go. This generally works. This book is an interesting case. I had my initial idea for a turning point in the story and filled in the details leading up to it. All well and good. I like what I have right now A LOT. I've been building and building to this climax, layering what I anticipate to be quite a bit of foreshadowing. I have about 20,000 words of build up, 3,000 of the turning point. I'm aiming for 60,000 or so total.

I know where the story is heading in general. I know what the ending will be (or as much as it's possible for me to know). The problem is, I have a good 20,000 words to fill before I get there. I've laid the groundwork for it, but that interim until the climax is going to be VERY tough!

Ah well, just putting that out there. Basically stalling....

No comments:

Post a Comment