Theater Masks

Theater Masks

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Been a while

I haven't posted anything in the past week or so, mostly because I just haven't had time. I was sick for a couple of days there (took a blessedly peaceful day off yesterday to recuperate) and I was grading the last of my writing workshops for the end of the trimester (they're done! they're done! Woohoo!!!).

Writing has been scarce in the interim. I finished a short short story to use as a model example for one of my classes (though of course because it's me it's a little more than just the short story I asked of the kids). I finished a rough draft of my story for Emerald Tales' March deadline -- it's a short story for me, but it's my first attempt at a humor story for the magazine. I like it, though I think I need some tweaking.

My wizard story has been back-burnered, but I think I'm going to try working with it a little more now.

Oh, and I got a, what I guess could only be an audition, for a humor website. I wrote an article based on a list of potential ideas I pitched, and sent it in Monday. I haven't heard back yet, so we'll see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment